Friday, January 8, 2010

SUZIE GIRL
By Vienna Nelson

The wind in my fur, the bugs in my face, the ball in my mouth. Yes, this is what makes life worth living this and treats.

“Suzie girl, here Suzie girl, release, release,” she says playfully.

Recuntally I drop my ball, as I see Lilly reach for it kiss her hand thankfully.

“YUCK,” she cries “your ball is all slobbery.

“Oh who cares about a little slobber, just throw the ball,” I think to myself.

Instead of throwing my ball she ignores me and continues chatting with her stupid friend Angela so I brush against Lilly’s side.

“Oh Suzie,” she says lovingly to me.

But she still doesn’t throw my ball so I whimper. Lilly gives in and chucks my ball.

Incase you are wondering about me, here is a little background.
Well, Lilly my owner always tells me:

“You are SOOOOOOOO FAT, you really need to lay of the Beggin’ strips and chicken.”

But what does he know. She’s never been a black Lab and an adorable one at that, and one who, by the way does not like plain kibble in case you were wondering.
I adore my toys, My favorite is that New pair of Converse’s she left to me in the closet, still in the box. Yes the door was shut but I mean it’s like she left them for me, so there’s no reason for her to get mad. I HATE little squirrels and birds! I just can’t STAND it when they invade MY YARD and when other dogs mark MY PROPERTY.

But enough about me, let’s get back MY ball.

“Where is it anyway?” I barked aloud.

Isabella my doggie friend, must have heard me cause the next thing I knew she was asking me

“Where is what?”

“My ball, my beautiful, beautiful ball,” I howled

“I’ll help sniff it out, I mean they don’t call me a Bloodhound for nothin” she giggled

We trudged through the grass collecting troops as we went I barked orders in my most general voice.

“Now troops, NO LOLYGAGGING. We are on a mission for the ball. Now let’s move out,”

Everyone tried not to giggle, they did surprisingly well as we charged into the forest, the squirrel/bird infested forest. Everyone held their position in a line as they waited for my signal.

“Wait for it, wait for it,” they waited in suspense. Then came the signal, “ CHARGE.” I barked

They obeyed and we all chased the squirrels and birds until those little cowards ran/flew up the trees

“VICTORY!” we all cried.

Me and my pack, all snooped around the forest with no luck, so we headed back to the park.
And there it was. MY ball it was love at first sight. I ran to it, I could hear the romantic music in the back ground. I scooped up the beautiful object and lunged to Lilly.

“Suzie girl, I missed you so much,” Lilly squealed as she squished my neck so hard I could barley breathe!

Then the most magical thing ever happened Lilly turned to Angela and said “Hey Angela I’ll catch ya later I’m going to go play with Suzie”

I barked with joy. Oh it was a great day.


THE END

4 comments: