Welcome! Thank you sooooo much for stopping by to read my blog or as I also like to call it my online Journal. This is my corner of the world respect it and have fun!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Our ducks
Well we used to have ducks an all white one Snowy she was a would get a little nervous but nice.Then their was Roxy she was short but very mean she would peck you like when ever you came by.Shadow was the only male he was like a hawk he would peck my brother when he came in he did not peck me and my other brother probably because we built them a nest in the poring rain.Roxy laid the eggs Snowy sat on them when they hatched they were so cute their were like 20 eggs but only like 4 hatched.2 black and white ducklings a yellow one and a brown one I named her muddy. I think because of our other duck she is coming up soon. But we also had a Minny pool with a ramp we found out 2 of the ducks we think the ramp fell on them. That left about 2 the yellow one went into the neighbors yard with dogs no one was home so my dad had to go into their back yard and get that duck. I do not remember what happened to that duck I do not think the dogs got her but she died. That left one the only one we could bring on the move hear we had to give the rest of the duck to an Indian guy I think he had a lot of birds so I know they were safe with him. When we moved up hear our duck stayed in the cage with our pigeons we soon found out that when any of birds would try to get food or water she would peck at them so my father and I took her to a pond near a lake with lots and lots of birds. Muddy was my favorite duck I loved them all but I really liked her she was brown now if you do not clip a birds wings they can fly away that's what Muddy did.But she did not get far now our dog he a good nice dog but when Muddy started to fly our dog got her.My dad found her I wept for ever every day I would go out and pet her talk to her I know she could not hear me but still.I think before this there was a big storm that blew a tree down right by our house if it did not fall the way it did it would fall on our house.But us kids would play on it and the tree falling left a big hole we used that to Barry Muddy.She was a good duck I love her so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What did you need help with?
ReplyDeleteVienna, I'm confused. I thought you took Muddy to the lake, but then you said the dog got her. What happened???
ReplyDeletethats sad.
ReplyDeleteOh sorry Amber it do not have it any more sorry for the miss under standing my fault
ReplyDeleteNo we took laya [I don't know how to spell her name]Muddy Ryker got her because she was flying out of the cage well the fence
ReplyDeleteHow could I not know that Ryker got Muddy? I'm so sorry!
ReplyDelete